Labels

Thursday, June 4, 2020

The Great Grunter

I am not a new mom, but it sure does feel like it a lot of times. My son is now 10, soon to be 11, years-old. I also have an 8-month-old (at the time of this posting.) 

This time my little one has discovered a new sound that my husband and I just can't handle. GRUNTING! I don't mean grunting like she's pooping and it stops as soon as she's done. No, I mean grunting because no one is holding her. Grunting because it's bed time and she is fighting sleep. Grunting because it's Tuesday so why not. She grunts all. the. time! I'm losing my mind over this grunting. This is why my husband has now dubbed her "The Great Grunter". (She is currently sitting behind me playing with a reusable grocery bag and grunting about it.)

I don't know what to do about it at this point. It honestly sounds like she is trying to push her colon through to China! (Now that's a push.) When I do a search for it everything says that it starts with pooping when she's first born, but then turns into her form of communication for when she's frustrated, bored, or when wants something. 

Does anyone else's child do this? It's driving us up the wall! We're looking forward to when that part will stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can We Really Start Over?

When I started this post, I really started it with a different track in mind. Yet, with the start of the new year, my mind is elsewhere and ...